Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wednesday May 6, 2009

Today, after class I met Mom on the steps of San Lorenzo church to tour the Medici Chapels. Rick Steves was in hand, of course, and guided us through the chapel. I’d definitely recommend this tourist attraction. Later that night we met up to go out for dinner. Without a place in mind we started walking and came upon Acqua al 2, a place I had heard people rave about but never known where it was. It was a full of people which is a great sign in a city of a gazillion restaurants.

We were promptly seated at one of the last open tables next to a chatty couple from California that we talked to off and on during our meal. The restaurant was so loud I did a lot of nodding and smiling.

For our meal we order the salad sampler and the pasta sampler which were what they’re known for. There were five of each of them and every bite was delicious. After dinner I walked Mom back to her hotel and along the way we made a pit stop at Grom for gelato. This was another popular gelateria that I hadn’t been to so I was excited to taste it….and it was GOOD. It goes in the book as my favorite Florence gelateria!

No comments:

Post a Comment