Thursday, April 16, 2009

Saturday April 4, 2009

Today I got a haircut! My hair was getting pretty long and shaggy so the girls and I decided to bite the bullet and try out an Italian hair salon. There are salons on every street but we had been eying one around the corner of our apartment for awhile now. It looked really laid back and funky with red walls and music paraphernalia plus the price was right.

When I walked in one of the hairdressers was practicing his trumpet in the back room…I could already tell this was going to be fun. One of the guys with a full sleeve of tattoos and earrings washed my hair in the sink for a very long time and with A LOT of shampoo. I’m not sure if my hair has ever been that clean. Then I was passed off to the trumpet player (it’s a 2 man show) for my haircut. After we discussed what I wanted, mostly with hand gestures, he got to work as he cut he sang along to his Ipod. He cut to the beat of the songs so when a fast paced song came on the cuts became spastic and spontaneous…it was kind of scary.

My hair came out just fine even though I asked for a trim and ended up with much much shorter hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment