Friday, April 3, 2009

Saturday March 21, 2009

Today Jenny arrived! I went to meet her at the train station around noon and she had actually gotten there a little earlier than expected so she was waiting for me. We headed back to my apartment via bus for the grand tour and then quickly headed back out to walk around the city.

I showed Jenny the general vicinity of where my school is located but couldn’t give a tour because our buildings are closed on Saturdays. We walked through the San Lorenzo market where Jenny bought a new wallet and I bought some much needed sunglasses. We went inside the Mercado Centrale to pick up some fresh produce for the dinner I was planning on making as well as some dried fruit to take a snack food for Greece.

We continued to walk through the city and Jenny’s jetlag started to set in so we headed back towards my apartment making a pit stop at the grocery store for a couple more dinner items. While Jenny took a quickly power nap I packed and prepped for Greece.

That evening a couple of Rachael’s friends who were in town for the week came over for dinner. Jenny and I prepared a typical Italian dish from my “Easy Italian” cookbook called Pasta Norma….pasta in a tomato and eggplant sauce… simple and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment